We’re looking for a Content Marketer to join us. Come craft quality content for our rapidly growing niche community of mobile developers.
Touchlab is a mobile software development firm with 12 years of success building products with clients such as NBCU, Peloton, Google, Block (Square), and more. Now we also build our own products.
Our story arc so far is:
- Season 1 – Scrappy NYC Tech word of mouth boutique
- Season 2 – Nationally recognized Android experts, beloved by the dev community and even some competitors
- Season 3 – The globally recognized experts in Kotlin Multiplatform (KMP). This season the team learns they need help (cue the music).
You’re the newest character in our ensemble and your contributions are crucial this season.
For over a decade we’ve grown our company with great content tightly targeted to our technical community. Since the pandemic accelerated adoption of cross-platform mobile development technologies (KMP is one of the top 3), it’s time to step up our game even more.
You’ll leverage our deep ties with the developer community (we run one of the largest developer Meetups), our close partnership with JetBrains (the company that created KMP), and our insight into the personas (buyers, users, influencers to the sale).
What you will be doing
- Write and edit our newsletters
- We have the number one KMP newsletter with over 3500 subscribers and very high open rates
- We’ve recently launched a members-only R&D newsletter
- Produce and promote our YouTube shows (1-2/month)
- In addition to our shows, we have an exclusive co-produced show with JetBrains
- Guest selection and management
- Collaborating on topics
- Working with the editors
- Collaborate with our developers on technical content, demos, podcasts, webinars, workshops, tutorials, and technical white papers
- Collaborate with sales and outbound teams
- Program our social channels
- Find opportunities to optimize website & landing page conversion
- 2+ years experience building content for developers or you have a software background.
- Take an inclusive approach to creating content
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills. We’d love to see samples, please.
- Demonstrated storytelling ability: creating stories for inspiring customers and enabling our sales teams with product materials, demos, and value-based narratives
- We have a strong preference for neighboring timezones and are currently only considering candidates in timezones between -3 and -7 GMT
- Previous experience with video podcasts on any platform
- Digital or social ad experience
- SEO experience
What We Offer
In addition to competitive fair salaries, Touchlab provides a comprehensive benefits package. Our team receives company-sponsored health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, and the option to participate in our 401k program. We have a generous vacation policy, plus company holidays and a floating holiday (so you choose what’s important to you). We also offer the team budget for learning and development.
Prior to the pandemic, we had remote and flexible work-from-home policies. We’re all remote now, and the remote option will remain for the team after the pandemic. Everyone receives a remote work gear kit, including a company-supplied Apple machine. We get together for team events (virtual right now, obviously), regular lunches, and team socializing. It’s a big plus if your dog can make an appearance on Zoom (we don’t discriminate against cats either).
Who We Are
We are a growing team of people with a breadth of backgrounds in different industries.
For the last decade, Touchlab has been at the forefront of mobile product development. Today that means building products in a world where mobile platforms have matured. When engineering leaders need to accelerate feature development, maximize engineering efficiency, and future-proof their teams and products, they partner with us. We train and advise on mobile best practices, develop apps for all platforms, and as the recognized global experts in Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile we have been both a JetBrains and Google certified agency.
Because both startups and the largest public companies seek us out to help them build their mobile products, our team members get the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects as well as contribute to our open-source endeavors.
In just the last few years we’ve solved problems with companies in fintech, fitness, farming, and even other industries that don’t start with F. In that same year, we’ve contributed code to Kotlin/Native itself, built the most successful open-source starter kit for KMM, and released multiple KMM libraries that are being used by developers around the world.
We believe that embracing our unique diversity leads to success, and we’re working hard to build a diverse, equitable and inclusive team. Touchlab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace for people of every gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, parental status, and any other identities. We strive for all to feel welcome and comfortable here.
Touchlab provides accommodation to qualified employees who have disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application through this technology, please reach out to us.