Principal Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile Developer
Touchlab is looking for a Kotlin Mobile Multiplatform (KMM) Principal. As Kotlin Multiplatform (KM) technologies are very new, likely candidates should be very experienced mobile developers with a strong interest in Kotlin Multiplatform. The ideal candidate would have some open source KMP/KMM experience, as well as familiarity with iOS developer tools, platform, and technologies.
We are the global experts in Kotlin Multiplatform tech. As KM adoption continues to grow we are building an expert team to help catalyze adoption and the Kotlin ecosystem.
In your role, you will work with clients advising or directly implementing Kotlin Multiplatform technology, with a strong focus on native mobile development. You will also have opportunities to drive forward both our open source and internal products, as well as speaking and publishing opportunities. We have been involved in the Android and native mobile communities for years and will be increasing that involvement in the future.
What you will be doing
- Advise clients on KM best practices and architecture
- Build quality applications based on KM technology
- Experiment, learn, and coach others in Multiplatform strategies
- Be a core contributor to open source and internal products
- Perform peer code reviews and help us all get better
- Improve our process in weekly retrospectives
- 4+ years of professional Android development experience, or demonstrable equivalent skills
- Strong familiarity with Kotlin on the JVM
- Familiarity with Xcode and other iOS tools and technologies
- Understanding of mobile best-practices and visibility into the KM and native mobile library ecosystem (and how best to apply these technologies)
- Familiarity with Git, GitHub, and good version control practices
- Strong interest in Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile development
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Experience mentoring/coaching other developers
- Ability to communicate mobile development concepts to stakeholders
- Involvement in the open-source ecosystem
- Comfortable working with Agile teams
What We Offer
In addition to fair salaries, Touchlab provides a comprehensive benefits package. Our team receives company-sponsored health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, and the option to participate in our 401k program, home office setup kit, and more. We also offer the team budget for learning and development.
Prior to the pandemic, we had remote and flexible work-from-home policies. We’re all remote now, and the remote option will remain for the team after the pandemic. We get together for team events (virtual right now, obviously), regular lunches, and team socializing. It’s a big plus if your dog can make an appearance on Zoom (we don’t discriminate against cats either).
We believe that embracing diversity and individuality leads to success. Touchlab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All employees and applicants will be treated equally. We do not discriminate because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law. We strive for all to feel welcome and comfortable here.
Touchlab provides reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws. If you are unable to submit an application through this technology due to a disability, please reach out to us.
Who We Are
For the last decade, Touchlab has been at the forefront of mobile product development. Today that means helping our clients build products in a world where mobile platforms have matured. When engineering leaders need to accelerate feature development, maximize engineering efficiency, and future-proof their teams and products, they partner with us. We train and advise on mobile best practices, develop apps for all platforms, and as the recognized global experts in Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile we have been both a JetBrains and Google certified agency.
Because both startups and the largest public companies seek us out to help them build their mobile products, our team members get the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects as well as contribute to our open-source endeavors.
In just the last year we’ve solved problems with companies in fintech, fitness, farming, and even other industries that don’t start with F. In that same year, we’ve contributed code to Kotlin/Native itself, built the most successful open-source starter kit for KMM, and released multiple KMM libraries that are being used by developers around the world.