Product Marketing Consultant
Contract role – 3 months (Remote)
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Consultant to join us as we build products for development teams who are adopting a new emerging technology. If helping to guide a technical product from early stages in a pandemic accelerated niche sounds like your type of challenge, read on.
Touchlab is a mobile software development firm with 12 years of success building products with clients such as NBCU, Peloton, Google, Block (Square), and more. Now we also build our own products.
Our story arc so far is:
- Season 1 – Scrappy NYC Tech word-of-mouth boutique
- Season 2 – Nationally recognized Android experts, beloved by the dev community and even some competitors
- Season 3 – The globally recognized experts in Kotlin Multiplatform (KMP). This season the team learns they need help (cue the music).
You’re the guest star we’re adding to the show and your contributions are crucial this season. As a trusted partner you’ll work directly with the Managing Partner and the leadership and product teams.
The pandemic accelerated adoption of cross-platform mobile development technologies (KMP is one of the top 3). Early adopters find us soon after they find the technology; we’re leaning into this position in-market to extend our product and service offerings and dramatically grow our company in 2022.
You’ll leverage our deep ties with the developer community (we run one of the largest developer Meetups), and our close partnership with JetBrains (the company that created KMP), and our existing insight into the current personas (buyers, users, influencers to the sale).
What you will be doing
- Be opinionated and help guide our product development and experimentation roadmap
- Refine and improve our personas, poke holes in our understanding, and define our ideal client profiles for the products and services we’re focusing on
- Conduct market and customer research to gather data and insight about target personas, buyer needs and the purchasing decision process for the product, including key buyer roles
- Define the market opportunity; perform segmentation and targeting exercises that identify the segments with the highest propensity to buy
- Develop messaging and positioning frameworks and strategies to guide marketing
- Collaborate with marketing peers and resources to produce relevant content for target buyers
- 2+ years product marketing experience within technology/SaaS
- An ability to adapt quickly
- Strong writing, communication, presentation development and delivery skills
- Comfortable performing qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Proven success in creating value propositions and client-facing messaging strategies
- Demonstrated storytelling ability: creating stories for inspiring customers and enabling our sales teams with product materials, demos, and value-based narratives
- Excellent skills in gathering, synthesizing, and analyzing internal and external research and organizing these insights into content that can be utilized across channels
- We have a strong preference for neighboring timezones and are currently only considering candidates in timezones between -3 and -7 GMT
Who We Are
We are a growing team of people with a breadth of backgrounds in different industries.
For the last decade, Touchlab has been at the forefront of mobile product development. Today that means building products in a world where mobile platforms have matured. When engineering leaders need to accelerate feature development, maximize engineering efficiency, and future-proof their teams and products, they partner with us. We train and advise on mobile best practices, develop apps for all platforms, and as the recognized global experts in Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile we have been both a JetBrains and Google certified agency.
Because both startups and the largest public companies seek us out to help them build their mobile products, our team members get the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects as well as contribute to our open-source endeavors.
In just the last few years we’ve solved problems with companies in fintech, fitness, farming, and even other industries that don’t start with F. In that same year, we’ve contributed code to Kotlin/Native itself, built the most successful open-source starter kit for KMM, and released multiple KMM libraries that are being used by developers around the world.
We believe that embracing our unique diversity leads to success, and we’re working hard to build a diverse, equitable and inclusive team. Touchlab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace for people of every gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, parental status, and any other identities. We strive for all to feel welcome and comfortable here.