Technical Project Manager
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with engineering and business stakeholders
- Facilitate the success of cross-functional teams
- Identify, communicate, and resolve obstacles to progress
- Ensure progress on technical and product goals
- Maintain a healthy team environment
- Background as a software developer (not necessarily mobile)
- Managed a project or product feature set from idea to delivery
- Empathy for all the roles people play
- Experience with iterative and incremental processes with understanding of others
- Bias towards action with an eye towards continuous improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly about broad topics
- Located in timezones between -3 and -7 GMT
- Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders and teams
- Experience facilitating product delivery from strategy, user research, and design, to QA, release, and support
- Comfort seamlessly context switching between multiple simultaneous projects
What We Offer
In addition to competitive fair salaries, Touchlab provides a comprehensive benefits package. Our team receives company-sponsored health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, and the option to participate in our 401k program. We have a generous vacation policy, plus company holidays and a floating holiday (so you choose what’s important to you). We also offer the team budget for learning and development.
Prior to the pandemic, we had remote and flexible work-from-home policies. We’re all remote now, and the remote option will remain for the team after the pandemic. Everyone receives a remote work gear kit, including a company supplied Apple machine. We get together for team events (virtual right now, obviously), regular lunches, and team socializing. It’s a big plus if your dog can make an appearance on Zoom (we don’t discriminate against cats either).
Who We Are
We are a growing team of people with a breadth of backgrounds in different industries. Our team is great at what they do. That doesn’t mean everyone shows up with a crazy Stack Overflow score, but it does mean we’re hungry to learn and support each other in growing in our knowledge and skills. We work collaboratively and believe we can help shape the future of mobile through Kotlin Multiplatform.
For the last decade, Touchlab has been at the forefront of mobile product development. Today that means helping our clients build products in a world where mobile platforms have matured. When engineering leaders need to accelerate feature development, maximize engineering efficiency, and future-proof their teams and products, they partner with us. We train and advise on mobile best practices, develop apps for all platforms, and as the recognized global experts in Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile we have been both a JetBrains and Google certified agency.
Because both startups and the largest public companies seek us out to help them build their mobile products, our team members get the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects as well as contribute to our open-source endeavors.
In just the last year we’ve solved problems with companies in fintech, fitness, farming, and even other industries that don’t start with F. In that same year, we’ve contributed code to Kotlin/Native itself, built the most successful open-source starter kit for KMM, and released multiple KMM libraries that are being used by developers around the world.
We believe that embracing our unique diversity leads to success, and we’re working hard to build a diverse, equitable and inclusive team. Touchlab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace for people of every gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, parental status, and any other identities. We strive for all to feel welcome and comfortable here.
Touchlab provides accommodation to qualified employees who have disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application through this technology, please reach out to us.