For those of you new to Touchlab, we’re the KMM experts.
This video is a recap of Day 3 of the Kotlin 1.4 event. The day focused on Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile (KMM).
For our recap we honed in on five key areas:
- KMM experience for iOS developers
- Interop and risk management benefits of KMM vs. shared UI cross-platform mobile solutions
- JetBrains’ commitment to KMM
- how we’re using KMM at Touchlab on client work
- Kevin Galligan answers during the live KMM Q&A
1.4 released with a focus on quality and performance. In support of the release, the Kotlin team at JetBrains is producing a Kotlin 1.4 online event: https://kotlinlang.org/lp/event-14/.
They describe it as follows,
We want to make sure that you have a great experience using Kotlin 1.4, and we want you to have a good idea of where we are taking the language next. This is why we are happy to invite all of you to our Kotlin 1.4 Online Event! It consists of four days packed with knowledge about Kotlin and the future of the language and its ecosystem. We’ll discuss the new changes and improvements we made with Kotlin 1.4, and we’ll share our future plans for the language.
Our Kotlin team members will answer your questions in daily Q&A sessions.
Submit your questions in advance by tweeting them with the #kotlin14ask hashtag, or using the event question form.
The Kotlin 1.4 Online Event will be streamed on October 12–15, and you can register for free.
Resources mentioned in this video:
- Kate Petrova “It’s Time for Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile” presentation: https://youtu.be/KObxmllDzPY?t=2791
- Kotlin Native Xcode Support. Plugin to facilitate debugging iOS applications using Kotlin Native in Xcode https://github.com/touchlab/xcode-kotlin
- Touchlab KMM Library Portfolio: https://github.com/touchlab
- KaMP Kit https://touchlab.co/kamp-kit-touchlab/