Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile Developer
Touchlab is looking for a Mobile Developer, with Android/Kotlin experience, who is eager to dive into Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile (KMM) development. The ideal candidate has some iOS experience, but we know most Android devs need to learn these skills, and we’re the best place to learn. We are the global experts in Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile tech. As KMM adoption continues to grow we are looking to work with engineers who want to become experts in the tech and help shape the future of the platform.
In your role, you will work with clients implementing mobile projects, using a blend of Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile and platform-native technologies. You will also have opportunities to contribute to both our open source and internal products, as well as speaking and publishing opportunities. We have been involved in the Android and native mobile communities for years and will be increasing that involvement going forward.
What you will be doing
- Build quality applications based on product requirements
- Experiment, learn, and coach others in Multiplatform strategies
- Bring design mock-ups to life and create attractive UI’s
- Perform peer code reviews and help us all get better
- Improve our process in weekly retrospectives
- 2+ years of professional Android development experience, or demonstrable equivalent skills. Open source contributions and individual projects will be considered as well (not school projects)
- Strong familiarity with Kotlin on the JVM
- Understanding of various Android libraries and recent best-practice technologies and libraries
- Familiarity with Git, GitHub, and good version control practices
- Strong interest in Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile development
- iOS and XCode familiarity
- Experience mentoring/coaching other developers
- Ability to communicate mobile development concepts to stakeholders
- Comfortable working with Agile teams
What We Offer
In addition to fair salaries, Touchlab provides a comprehensive benefits package. Our team receives company-sponsored health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, and the option to participate in our 401k program, home office setup kit, and more. We also offer the team budget for learning and development.
Prior to the pandemic, we had remote and flexible work-from-home policies. We’re all remote now, and the remote option will remain for the team after the pandemic. We get together for team events (virtual right now, obviously), regular lunches, and team socializing. It’s a big plus if your dog can make an appearance on Zoom (we don’t discriminate against cats either).
We believe that embracing diversity and individuality leads to success. Touchlab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All employees and applicants will be treated equally. We do not discriminate because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law. We strive for all to feel welcome and comfortable here.
Touchlab provides reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws. If you are unable to submit an application through this technology due to a disability, please reach out to us.
Who We Are
For the last decade, Touchlab has been at the forefront of mobile product development. Today that means helping our clients build products in a world where mobile platforms have matured. When engineering leaders need to accelerate feature development, maximize engineering efficiency, and future-proof their teams and products, they partner with us. We train and advise on mobile best practices, develop apps for all platforms, and as the recognized global experts in Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile we have been both a JetBrains and Google certified agency.
Because both startups and the largest public companies seek us out to help them build their mobile products, our team members get the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects as well as contribute to our open-source endeavors.
In just the last year we’ve solved problems with companies in fintech, fitness, farming, and even other industries that don’t start with F. In that same year, we’ve contributed code to Kotlin/Native itself, built the most successful open-source starter kit for KMM, and released multiple KMM libraries that are being used by developers around the world.